Thursday, November 12, 2009

January/February 2009 Email/Homepage

Dear Patients and Friends,
What a whirlwind! Any of you who visited in January observed that I was leaving your insurance cards on the copier and forgetting co-pays, but I was open for business! Although I may have seemed a little discombobulated (one of my favorite words), I am SO HAPPY! I wanted to thank you all for your kindness and patience at this time. I have now hired front desk staff (Michele, Blake and Jesse) so things will be a bit smoother at your next visit…
I am still streamlining the process of lab notifications, so if anyone does not receive a result in a timely fashion – I apologize – email and remind me! For those who had trouble finding the place, we have changed the website map in an effort to help others. FYI – I am in Gilman Village, at the southwest end behind Sweet Additions. If you park in the Juniper Street lot at the southwest end, you will see the sign for Grimaldi’s Coffee Shop (the best coffee I’ve had since I lived in Seattle) and I am the “salmon” (pink) building next to them.
A few words about online scheduling…
It is going pretty well, and most are having no trouble. I have closed the enrollment due to overwhelming response (a blessing and a curse!), so if some of your family members have not signed up, they need to email me and I will make them an account. I just needed to put my “finger in the dike” for a bit, and then I can decide what a comfortable patient base is for the clinic.
So, making an appointment… many have emailed me that they are not able to make a same day/15minute appointment. Those appointments open up the day before so that there will be available slots for sick/injured people. If you try to make those appointments the week before, it will not work. My experience has been that if patients are thinking about the appointment a week ahead of time, they will need more than 15 minutes for the appointment. The 30 minute appointments are best for medication checks/refills/complicated disease management, and those can be scheduled months in advance. The software will generate a reminder 48 hours before the appointment so you can re-schedule if needed.
If I am completely out of same day appointments and you are in crisis or very ill, I will find a way to fit you into the schedule. I do show preference to my littlest patients, as they are the ones who get sick very fast and need care right away.
Of the 2-3 thousand patients that I regularly saw at my prior clinic, you all are the 700 patients that felt it was worth it to follow me to Village Family Clinic. You have made my dream come true… and the clinic is a welcoming, gentle place for healing… I am so happy to share it with you!
Kristina